As a holistic test prep company, we promote ways for students to rock out on the tests they need to take, while we champion methods for students to feel more confident, focused and engaged with their test. We believe and have seen when students don’t have test anxiety, or other emotional impediments, that they perform their best. And feeling our best is not just great for the test…it’s great for regular life too, beyond the test. Living deeply is one of our company values.
I thought it would be helpful, easeful, and dare I say, fun, to engage in this reflective process and may provide you with perspective, and proscription for this next year. This is a perfect opportunity to review your 2017, acknowledge yourself (GO you!), and design inspiring goals for the coming year. You can ask yourself the set of questions to identify what 2017 brought to you, decide what you want this year, and further, your hopes for years to come.
Get cozy and take time to process dropping in to what was and what will be…. Enjoy!
Wishing you the best in the New Year.
17 Questions for a 2017 Review
1. What was your biggest accomplishment? What or who was instrumental in making it happen?
2. What was the smartest decision or choice you made?
3. What were your biggest frustrations or mistakes? What did you learn from them?
4. What risks did you take? Which ones did you not take, and why? Were they worth it?
5. What do you wish you did more of? Less of? How does that impact 2018?
6. What is the biggest piece of unfinished business from 2017? And what happens next with this?
7. List three people who had a positive impact on you. How did you acknowledge them?
8. List three people who you positively impacted. How do you know that you did?
9. Which relationship improved the most? Which one shifted or waned? How do you feel about this?
10. What’s the best advice you received? The best advice you offered?
11. What regrets do you have? How do you release negative feelings about this?
12. What compliment would you have liked to receive? Did you deserve it or wish you deserved it?
13. What book, movie, or cultural event had an impact on you?
14. What surprises occurred, and how did you respond to them?
15. What negativity do you want to leave, change or transform in 2018?
16. What change do you regret not making?
17. You are most grateful for….
18 Questions for Manifesting your Best 2018
1. What are your roles and how would you like them to develop over the year?
2. What are the biggest successes you’d like in 2018 in professional, personal, and health spheres?
3. What advice will you give yourself for 2018?
4. What brings you the most joy and how can you create more of it?
5. What two changes will make the biggest difference to up-level your life? What must you learn or what support do you need to make these changes?
6. What risks are you willing to take this year? Which ones are you not?
7. How will you prioritize your relationships and which ones need to change. How will you do this?
8. What daily, weekly, and monthly actions and habits will you adopt? And why?
9. What skill or hobby do you want to start or improve?
10. What 3 things do you want to stop doing or need to give up, incorporate or take on?
11. What long term goal will you start?
12. Is being mindful and/or productive important to you? What steps will you start or end your day to be more so?
13. What kind of community engagement will you commit to this year?
14. How will you make the world a better place? What steps or support do you need to do to make that happen?
15. Who in your industry/field are you inspired or motivated by? How can you be more like this person (or people) and what will you do to get to know them?
16. When will you take breaks and where will you go on vacation?
17. What three actions will you take in January to move forward?
18. What will you wish you had done when 2019 begins?